Thursday, April 30, 2009

May Day

Tomorrow is May Day, another German holiday where everything shuts down in favor of visiting with friends and family or holiday making here or abroad. Unexpectedly, the bakeries are cranking out special May Day breads. I picked up this nut pastry loaf, which measures over a foot long and reminds me of a tastier version of Entenmann's Pecan Danish ring.

What really has me on cloud nine, aside from the upcoming 3-day weekend, nuss bread waiting for me in the kitchen, and beautiful rhododendrons blooming across the street, I successfully booked a trip to London for Mother's Day weekend. This is my first Mother's Day with Gianna and we wanted it to be special. Kew Gardens has always been on my list of beautiful places in the world to see. My aunt used to live in London and often asked me to come visit in early May, when Kew is at its peak. Unfortunately I never took her advice and she has since moved back to Manilla, but I still want to see the gardens. Oh, and Dan's coming along this time...I guess...sigh...just kidding Dan :-P

2 comments:

  1. You must go to the Princess Diana Memorial Children's Playground. It is Peter Pan themed and fabulous. It's near Kensington. Spiderman loved the Science museum. It had a water table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy first mothers day :) Can't wait to see your pictures. I have been enjoying the blog, thank you for keeping it up.
    The Felling's

    ReplyDelete