Tomorrow our flight leaves Frankfurt bound for Philadelphia. I have a list of things to pack and a list of things to buy in the US to bring back to Frankfurt. Here's a list of the top 5 things I am looking forward to:
1. Mass consumerism. Can't wait to buy cheap clothing, processed food in large packaging, and FDA approved drugs.
2. Food. Hopefully we can get Mexican, even if it's crappy Mexican. And Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. I will drink it every day.
3. Rutgers Ag Field day. Plan to meet up with Gianna's Vietnamese peeps and some old Rutgers friends.
4. Happy People. Germans are so serious, can't wait to hear people laughing again.
5. English. What a novelty to be able to ask for help at the airport or store.
...and the top 5 things I am not looking forward to:
1. Driving. Do NOT miss traffic, commuting, paying for gas, tolls, accidents, delays, etc.
2. Our NJ house. I'm imaging a pack of rabid raccoons has moved into the attic by now and the flower beds are over taken by Canada thistle.
3. Jet lag. By the time Gianna gets adjusted to the time zone, we will be flying back to Frankfurt.
4. Cold weather. It's been sunny and mid 70's here for the past two weeks and I hear it's cold and rainy on the East Coast.
5. Gianna's doctor appointments. She has to get stuck with needles and diagnostic testing. She will be cranky.
Also, I do not have an American cell number, so if we are staying with you, we will just show up on your doorstep with our suitcases and wait for you to come home from work, or break in through the back window, you know, the one you keep unlocked ;-)
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ag field day! So smart of you to time your visit to coincide with the granddaddy of RU festivals. And please, send a Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee my way - I know, I live in the US and there's not a DD for miles (and miles) around.
ReplyDeleteSafe travels!
You'll be happy to know that it is suppose to be in the 60's and 70's for the next week here on the west coast. We are so sorry we won't be able to get together but I think you understand!!! 7 more days!!!! I can't wait. Any suggestions?
ReplyDelete