Tomorrow, for the first time in over 9 months, I'm going back to work. This is more of a boredom buster experience than a real job. Dr. Mick, my orthopedic doctor, was looking for someone to help his daughter (and wife) improve their English skills. Apparently all my blathering about the US when I was in his office made a lasting impression, as he called me one evening and asked in a round about way if I was interested. This weekend Dan, Gianna, and I went over to his house for a meet and greet over cappuccino and German cakes [yum!]. Dr. Mick spent some time in the US, so he is used to Americans and our crazy ways. His wife speaks a bit of English, but got confused when I complemented her on their large, cerulean blue kitchen. They have a seven month old baby and a two year old daughter. I bet they are grooming their daughter to start at an English speaking international school next year, hence the English lessons. The international schools have a much better reputation than the local German schools, and since he's a doctor, he can afford the tuition. And if she wants to go to UC Berkley like her father, well let's just say it's best if she not get stuck in the German school system.[the Gianna photo is just a random example of her terrible 2's sour face.]
No comments:
Post a Comment