1. Words of Affirmation
2. Quality Time
3. Receiving Gifts
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch
Corny, but interesting. So, apparently I really like Quality Time and Acts of Service. Sit down with me, call me on Skype, or email and lets talk about our common interests and shared experiences. Offer to load the dishwasher for me and I will be feeling loved for the rest of the day!! Words of Affirmation are nice, but in the end, they are just words unless actions follow suit. Receiving gifts is alright if it is coming from someone that truly loves me with no strings attached. And Physical Touch? I like my personal space, thank you! I make a huge exception for Gianna, I really like her gentle little hugs that don't dislocate my shoulder and I love to kiss her little cheeks. The point is, this book (which I only read summaries and excerpts from) has encouraged me to try some of these other languages of love on other people, because maybe that's the language they've been speaking all along. Why don't you try some of them too?
I read that book, or at least looked it over in B&N! It's interesting, because I think we all do have our own languages of love, so we need to make sure we (at least some of the time) communicate to people in their language. Which means paying attention to the language that they are most receptive to, not necessarily what we would want.
ReplyDeleteSweet photo!
At least Gia M. is kissing you. Spiderman kisses me like he is breastfeeding. Wet, sloppy, and some suction.
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly what I was getting at Georgie, but you said it better.
ReplyDeleteThankfully Gianna doesn't do to many sloppy wet ones, but occasionally she licks me when she is pretending to be a dog.