Saturday, December 5, 2009

SpongeBob: the party

Gianna's SpongeBob birthday party was a hit, with 25 guests in all. It was controlled chaos, much better than I expected when you have a dozen kids playing in a 2 bedroom apartment. The kids loved the arts and crafts table where they colored pictures of SpongeBob, created playdoh SpongeBobs, and made pipe cleaner candy cane ornaments to take home. People were also impressed with the SpongeBob cupcake tower, direct from the UK. It was easier than making another cake. I tried out a new recipe for a layered sandwich that worked out well and made fruit salad in a pineapple half. One kid said "look mommy, a banana!" It seems many of them had never seen a fresh pineapple before. By the end of the party, some kids were getting tired. One kid crawled into Gianna's bed to proceed with nap time and another threw a giant fit when his mom said it was time to go. I'm glad they all had fun. It's a lot of work, but I love throwing parties. Now we have plenty of leftovers and new toys to last the whole weekend. Right now she is enjoying her new Dora DVD from her friend Jada back in NYC. She told us "It's in English; it's better" (as compared to the German version she watches on Nick de). Thanks everybody! And Happy St. Nikolaus Day to all the little kids in Germany. Hopefully you get chocolate and not a switch in your shoe tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment