Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dan's back in the Big Apple

This morning we waved good-bye to Dan as he left for a business trip to NYC. His German counterparts were supposed to accompany him but chickened out at the last minute, so he's going solo. He should be back in the land of Frankfurters on Thursday as long as you guys on the East Coast can hold off on having another "epic" snowstorm (see my friend Kirstie's Baltimore patio, right).

Gianna and I are remaining in Deutschland. I am still on the couch, sick as a dog. My thoughtful friend brought me a care package from the US military base containing two kinds of Theraflu, Nyquil, Afrin and Vicks nasal sprays, and three kinds of Nabisco cookies to ward off hunger. Gianna is getting better, but still has a nagging cough. Even the dog is starting to cough, out of sympathy or a desire to be part of the pack. When Dan left this morning, he sat by the door for a good 15 mins, hoping he was just making a run to the bakery for pastries. But alas, Dan typically doesn't take a suitcase with him to the bakery, so now Bruno will lay on the couch with me for the remainder of the week, sulking until Dan's return.

2 comments:

  1. We are going to get another snow storm Tuesday/Wednesday so I hope he is not flying out then! Did you have him pick any thing up for you from the States? I wish that I could take a suitcase to the bakery... but I would be seriously over weight if I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's supposed to fly out Wed night around 11pm, so hopefully the weather will be clear by then?

    ReplyDelete