
Been a long week?
We went to the bakery for a Friday morning treat and G Mai got a little sweaty climbing up the stairs while wearing her fleece hat. Voilà! Instant comical hair 'do. She was rather miffed that I was taking her picture when all she wanted to do was tear into this oversized chocolate croissant. As she was eating, I heard our American neighbor hollering to her toddler "come on, I'll take you to the bakery for a treat!" Must be the Friday thing to do. They are having a birthday party tomorrow for their 1 year old daughter and Gianna is invited. The weather is supposed to be crappy...again...so I'm glad they live in the building right behind us. That way I can dress Gianna in one of her new spring outfits and not worry about her getting cold along the way.
This week I've been working on two job offers. One is solid with offer letter in hand, the other is still in the works as the hiring manager is out this week. Both are part-time teaching gigs. I have a residency permit, but I still have to get a working permit to work in Germany. Working permits do not come cheap, so I'd like to have two part-time jobs lined up to assure that the cost of the working permit will be less than the money I make working! Part of me doesn't want to bother with getting a job; maybe I am enjoying the lazy life too much. Since we will be back in the US in a little over a year, I'd almost rather focus my efforts on raising Gianna and finding a "real" job when we get back. But in this economy, I should be happy to find any job at all and earn a little extra euro for the family. And with part-time work, I'll still have a lot of free time to be with Gianna.
No comments:
Post a Comment