Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cheap trips to the US

Every day we visit US soil when we take Gianna to school. It's much cheaper than a plane ticket home ;-) Without giving away too many American secrets (and getting my blog shut down), the consular grounds look like a spartan military base. You can walk around freely, but there are security cameras watching you all along the way. In between the barrack style housing is a large lawn littered with charcoal grills and picnic tables. We Americans sure like our grilled meats and summer picnics. There is a rec center, play ground, salon, and I'm sure much more. But to avoid any run-ins with security, I stick to my own walking path that leads to the daycare. Gianna really enjoyed her first day, but today she cried when I dropped her off. That's a good sign that she loves her mẹ. I finally found some lunch containers for her at the Galleria. Today her teacher told me she needs "soft shoes" to play in the gym, so another scavenger hunt around Frankfurt lead me to Baby Waltz. Baby Walz also had some nice Easter dresses, reminding me the only warm weather clothing we have for Gianna are the few outfits she wore in Vietnam. OK, time to get off the computer and cook some bratwurst for dinner before Dan and Gianna walk through the door.