
Yesterday Dan's parents and sister from Pennsylvania arrived in Frankfurt. They were a little jet lagged, so we took it easy the first day, checking out Nordend Fest, which was a total dud as far as German fests go. Then for dinner we went to our favorite German restaurant south of the Main,
Kanonesteppel. We ordered a große pitcher of apfelwein, but the troops were too pooped to put much of a dent in it, so Dan and I finished it off. Dan and Steve had the pork shoulder, Cori and I had the Bauernbratwurst, and Kate had Zweibelschnitzel. There were lots of leftovers to take home.

Today we plan to see sights around Frankfurt. It's Sunday, so the stores will be closed, but the sidewalks will be empty for easy stroller walking. The in-laws will head down the Romantic Road to Rothenburg tomorrow and up the Rhein River Valley on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday night we all leave for a 5 day holiday in France. I can't wait to see the gardens and chateaus!
No comments:
Post a Comment