Life on Oederweg returns to normal today with the departure of Ông, Bà, and Cori. Dan rode the train with them to the airport as Gianna and I waved goodbye. Gianna was sure Bố was gone for good, going back to the US on the airplane with the rest of the crew. But alas he returned two hours later and we celebrated with pastries. Now begins the re-education of Gianna Mai to remove the grandparent-instilled ideas that fussing will lead to someone carrying you or giving you gum. As I type, she is throwing an "I-don't-want-to-go-to-sleep" tantrum.This is another three day weekend in Germany and we are doing nothing except seeing Star Trek tomorrow afternoon, drinking apfelwein and beer, and experimenting with new Vietnamese recipes in the kitchen. All this traveling has us beat. Still, the in-law photos from Switzerland were spectacular and we are thinking we must take a drive down there sometime this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment