Sunday, September 20, 2009

More Dippemess

I just can't resist Dippemess. Those poffertjes and waffles with ice cream were calling to me all week. Gianna finally got up the nerve to pet the ponies and said she wanted to ride one too. But after the car experience last week, she will have to wait for spring Dippemess. When we were ordering our waffles with ice cream, Gianna requested a green slushy that turned out to be "waldmeister" flavor. When I asked the lady "Waldmeister, was ist das?" She said "Waldmeister ist waldmeister". Turns out waldmeister is the German word for Woodruff, which can have toxic levels of coumarin when ingested. Not surprisingly, only the Germans use it as a food, other cultures use it as insect repellant. They are supposed to only use artificial waldmeister flavor these days which has a bitter, floor cleaner flavor, but Gianna enjoyed it. I also captured some cute pictures of her and Bố enjoying Dippemess pommes frites, posted in my updated Dippemess album.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.germanbeerguide.co.uk/berliner.html

    I had this at a fest back in the states. Was alright but didnt do it for me.

    ReplyDelete