Dan is snowbound in NYC until Friday night at the earliest. Things in Frankfurt have gone from bad to worse. My cold/virus was not getting better, in fact it was getting worse fast. I called a doctor dispatch service to send a doctor out to our house. In a few hours, the paramedic-style doctor showed up, drew blood, did a few tests, told me I have pneumonia, and prescribed an antibiotic and a drug to help clear the fluid from my lungs. She said she will call me with "blood test results" today, although I don't even know what she was testing for. I'm allergic to a lot of antibiotics, and the one she prescribed is in one of the "mildly allergic" classes. So I spent last night waiting for an allergic reaction to occur. Thankfully, nothing has happened yet. I was hoping to wake up to a miracle cure, clear lungs and easy breathing, but alas the antibiotics are not magic. My neighbor picked up some groceries for me (we scored some deli chicken noodle soup and two kinds of juice), but I still have to take care of Gianna and the dog, who requires 3x a day walks in the cold to take care of his business. Actually the cold air somehow makes my lungs feel temporarily better, it's when I come back inside that all the coughing and suffocating starts up again. Gianna has been helping as much as a 3 year old can, feeding the dog and playing Go-Fish with me on the couch. I asked her to make me coffee this morning, but all she came back with was her specialty, pretend cappuccino. Please Dan, come home soon! Stupid snowstorm.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Pneumonia
Dan is snowbound in NYC until Friday night at the earliest. Things in Frankfurt have gone from bad to worse. My cold/virus was not getting better, in fact it was getting worse fast. I called a doctor dispatch service to send a doctor out to our house. In a few hours, the paramedic-style doctor showed up, drew blood, did a few tests, told me I have pneumonia, and prescribed an antibiotic and a drug to help clear the fluid from my lungs. She said she will call me with "blood test results" today, although I don't even know what she was testing for. I'm allergic to a lot of antibiotics, and the one she prescribed is in one of the "mildly allergic" classes. So I spent last night waiting for an allergic reaction to occur. Thankfully, nothing has happened yet. I was hoping to wake up to a miracle cure, clear lungs and easy breathing, but alas the antibiotics are not magic. My neighbor picked up some groceries for me (we scored some deli chicken noodle soup and two kinds of juice), but I still have to take care of Gianna and the dog, who requires 3x a day walks in the cold to take care of his business. Actually the cold air somehow makes my lungs feel temporarily better, it's when I come back inside that all the coughing and suffocating starts up again. Gianna has been helping as much as a 3 year old can, feeding the dog and playing Go-Fish with me on the couch. I asked her to make me coffee this morning, but all she came back with was her specialty, pretend cappuccino. Please Dan, come home soon! Stupid snowstorm.
Labels:
Misc Germany
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Barb! I am so sorry your not feeling good. I wish there was something I could do for you. Yah this snow sucks! Morgan has been sick just like Gianna and is now sharing with me. Why do they share nothing but the icky stuff. I hope you feel better soon. Did they give you an inhaler? That made me a ton better quick when I had that crud.
ReplyDeleteFeel Better Barb! I hope the airport runways clear quickly so Dan can get back soon.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon! Gianna is so cute making you pretend cappuccino!
ReplyDelete