Today I took Bruno to the vet for his pre-travel health check. In typical German style, they were reluctant to give him a health certificate because they have no records of his puppy shots. I was already stressed out from getting one anxious dog and one tired three year old on and off the train to her office and wasn't in the mood to deal with this "everyone is inferior to Germany" attitude. So, I firmly told her that our US vet is USDA certified and wouldn't have issued Bruno a USDA health certificate if he didn't receive his puppy shots. After more arguing, she reluctantly handed over the health certificate and tranquilizers for the flight.
Tonight we have another good-bye dinner, this time with Dan's co-workers. Gianna and I enjoyed some much deserved post-vet visit treats to hold us over. I had a simple, but delicious apfelkuchen:
No comments:
Post a Comment