Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Germany deporting Vietnamese nationals

Take a look at this news article. The details are few, because it sounds like the government is being pretty tight lipped about it. But I am slightly...concerned. The German government has given us so much grief over Gianna because of her Vietnamese name, even though she is a US Citizen and we have all of her paperwork in order. But I feel really bad for these Vietnamese refugees that will be deported back to Hanoi. What kind of life is waiting for them? What kind of consequences will they have to face for leaving the country as a refugee? At any rate, I feel like tethering Gianna to my wrist until this blows over so that they don't pick her up off the playground and put her on a plane bound for Hanoi. I shake my fist at you Germans!

3 comments:

  1. It goes to show you what a great country America is... I hope that we would never do this to a group of people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do this every day to Mexicans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on to that precious girl! I now know just how wonderful our Vietnamese daughters are! Give Gianna kisses from Morgan! I can't wait for the girls to see each other again.

    ReplyDelete