


There is never a shortage of festivals around here. For the next three days at the Frankfurt Harvest Festival, farmers have displays downtown with live farm animals, fresh apple cider, pumpkins, and all sorts of food. Gianna and I went this afternoon for two hours. She pet pigs, gazed at horses and cows, rode a small tractor, drank fresh cider, and ate a bratwurst and chocolate ice cream cone (with fresh ice cream). I was delighted to see the pumpkin tower, as was Gianna despite the pouty look on her face. She carefully examined several candidates until we found the perfect pumpkin, for only €3! We plan to go again tomorrow with Dan after work as long as the weather is nice.


After watching the large pig on the left scarf down food from a trough, Gianna thoughtfully remarked "eats like Bố loi". I had to concur. We spent a good five minutes petting the sleeping pig on the right, whose lethargy and pointy ears reminded us of Bruno.
No comments:
Post a Comment