PETRA




(L-R) Our intrepid leaders, Matt and Cara; Gianna stays hydrated (and looks like a giant!); the family in front of the Treasury. Gianna did a lot of hiking on her own, even in the desert heat and up steep rocks. I was proud of her and also proud of Dan for carrying her when she got tired.
JOE BIDEN
Matt and Cara had been tipped off that Biden was going to visit Petra, so we had high hopes to catch a glimpse of the US Vice President. There was a catering table set up, reporters with cameras, and as we were hiking out, a motorcade came roaring past us, kicking up dust. Joe Biden saw Dan's Phillies shirt and hat and waved to us from his suburban. After Biden was out of his SUV, we noticed secret service was not really keeping people far away, so we crept closer for better pictures. I was snapping away like the paparazzi when I realized Joe was looking right at me. I gave a large "come on over!" wave and he started walking our way. As he approached, I shook his hand and said "It is so nice to meet you! We are from Bucks County, PA", then Joe said "Oh really? So is my wife". He shook Dan's hand and asked all of us if we had been down to see the ruins yet and what we thought of Petra. Soon others were crowding around, extending their hands for a chance to touch the VP. I practically skipped all the way back to the car, grinning from ear to ear, shaking with excitement.
wow, g really does look like a giant in that picture!
ReplyDeleteWow! I should have let you adopt me before you went to Germany! All these really cool places you've gone. I wish you the best with packing and getting back to the boring US. Plus I can stop paying the long distance "teching" bill :-D
ReplyDeletePetra! Yeah! Something everyone should experience at least once. Did you go up to the Monestary?
ReplyDelete