
...and the natives are getting restless. Bruno knows something is going on. Boxes are being packed and organized and the occasional suitcase appears. He's been hanging out in his travel bag when it's accessible and last night, in the closet next to the large suitcase. Not sure what's going on in his little doggie head, perhaps, if they decide to pack up and leave in the middle of the night, they're going to have to trip over me to get this suitcase out. Next week he goes to the vet where I'll pick up some doggie tranquilizers.
Little miss has expressed ongoing anxiety about the move. Will she be able to bring her books? What about her toys? Clothes? How about this toy? And that toy? She says she will miss her friends and her old school, that Germany is her home. I'm trying to get her psyched up for a new school and new friends. She asks "Will Amanda be there?" No. "How about Jivi?" Arg. This week at school they are doing a unit on seeds. Without any prompting from me, she is majorly excited about planting a garden at our home in NJ. That's the spirit!As for me, I just want to get this all over with. I'll be sad to say good-bye to all my Germany friends and this beautiful lifestyle. But I am anxious to turn the page and start the next chapter in our lives together. Most of the time I'm calm. But once in a while I erupt like that Icelandic volcano spewing out ash. My neighbor told me to drink less coffee, more wine ;-)
Jeneric has many of the same questions as we prepare to move to ND. Will we move my bed? My Christmas lights? The cats? What about our milk and fruit? And my favorite: we need to get a bigger car. Why? To move all of our stuff!
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel any better, Owen responded the same way when we moved from IL to MN and from our first MN home to our second. Rest assured that she will bounce back and not be scarred for life :-)
ReplyDelete