Monday, April 19, 2010

Volcanic disruption

All of Europe is in a panic over the volcano-related flight ban. The Frankfurt airport has been closed since Friday. Even Merkel had to fly to Portugal, then Rome, then take a bus home from her recent US trip. Although we are starting to wonder how this will affect our travel and cargo shipping plans slated for next week, we're trying to remain calm and enjoy the rest of our time in Deutschland. (I'm eating a Spaghetti Bambino sundae and Gianna is eating an After Eight mint sundae. She said it felt good on her throat)

5 comments:

  1. How do you guys eat all those sundaes and never gain an ounce? I'd weight 600 lbs. I've been working out like a crazy woman to try to lose weight and stopped eating all kinds of good things! I'm jealouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something is going wrong with my comment moderation functionality, so sorry if you sent a comment and it did not publish.

    Grandma: no, Gianna did not eat the whole sundae, Dan is off to her right with another spoon.

    Debbie: Dan was supposed to help me with my sundae too, but I ended up eating the whole thing. Today my pants felt tight :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, you look beautiful in that picture!
    Hope you get home next week at your scheduled time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cara! Something must have been just right with the humidity, lighting, and combination of products I used that day. Usually my pictures look much more frazzled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frazzled? You DO NOT!

    Anyway, it's good you got in some oversized dessert sundaes before coming back to the states, you'll never find nutritionally-empty gargantuan portions here.

    Oh wait.....

    ReplyDelete