Our relocation firm has been searching high and low for a school for Gianna with no luck. German schools cater to German speaking kids over the age of three. The English schools have waiting lists of hundreds to over one thousand kids. By the time your kid gets to the top of the list s/he will be going off to college. Our only remaining options are a nanny or small group babysitter. But my main concern is that she learn English in a social setting, not just finding a sitter so I can work. So we have a few things to work out. Can we afford to have only one income, especially since we are still paying mortgage and taxes on our money pit house in NJ? And where can we find an English speaking group of children for Gianna to play with or English classes for her to attend? I already have a few leads on English children's groups that meet at local churches, but they are just play groups where the English speaking moms gossip and make fun of the Germans (hahaha) while the kids play. Yesterday I saw an ad for English classes for kids 6 months to 14 years that I will have to check out. I might also bring her home to the States for a few weeks this summer to attend camp at her former daycare with all her old friends.Being a stay at home mom takes some getting used to. As long as we can afford my new espresso habit that keeps me from losing my mind, I think I can make the adjustment. It's a challenge to find activities for Gianna to do each day. We go shopping, go to the playground, make crafts, watch DVD's, cook, play with toys, and walk Bruno. But she gets bored, says she wants to be at school, play with other kids. Hopefully we can find her some little friends here fast.
she can hang out with me on the weekends! We can discuss Disney
ReplyDeleteThat has to be so hard on her. You give her this great loving home, but it is the first time she has not been surrounded by other kids.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean by the stay at home mom deal. If it wasn't so cold I would have an espresso habit but I don't want to take the little one out in the -20 weather.