Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sea shipment and meds

On Thursday we got the sea shipment with the rest of our stuff from Jersey. About 98% of what was supposed to arrive actually arrived, so I was pleased. Gianna got all of her toys, I got my camera tripod, Bruno got his shampoo and coats, and Dan got his giant TV--unharmed from the voyage. Gianna likes to mess around with the tripod as much as I do, so here are two pics from this morning: a self portrait where Bruno was one second too late, and another fine pastry from the bakery down the street. This one was kuchen filled with creme.

Poor G Mai has another cold and I am all out of US children cold medicines. The medicines over here are all different, they don't sell Dimetapp or Mucinex, so I researched some alternatives. You have to be careful; the pharmacy will sell you herbal meds with unproven effects, and drugs that are banned by the FDA because of harmful side effects. And with children's meds, I don't want to mess around. The medicine I bought is supposed to break up mucus, and is considered safe for kids by the FDA. I am also having trouble getting my prescription drugs over here. The exact formulation is not available, but there are injection and liquid forms produced by the same US company (Sigma Tau) that makes my tablets. You can buy it without a prescription here, however they are very expensive. So for now I am getting someone to pick up my prescription in the US and ship it over to me.