Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jordan: Wadi Rum

Wadi Rum reminded me of Sedona, AZ with more sand dunes and less cottonwoods. We took a Jeep tour into the desert with a Bedouin guide. Gianna slept in the back seat with Cara for most of the tour, as Dan, Matt, and I sat in the back getting sandblasted.











The Jeep tour was actually a Mitsubishi modified with seats in the back (left). Dan and Matt climb a sand dune (right).





















Gianna poses with some cliff drawings (left). Camels get out of the way, beep beep! (right) I'm really glad we did not choose that form of transportation through the desert.












"Grandma" Schmidt posing at Lawrence of Arabia's house (left). The wind was really kicking up sand, and the scarf was helping. Gianna said I looked like a monster. Driving back up the desert highway to Amman, road signs point the way to Iraq and Saudi Arabia (right).

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love Wadi Rum! Camping overnight gave us opportunity to explore its grandeur.

    ReplyDelete