The movers came this morning to make an estimate of how much stuff we are going to ship to the US. I was expecting the usual dirty old German man that wreaks of cigarettes and piss, so I barely bothered to clean up the place and didn't even brush my teeth. Of course, they sent by a strapping young lad in a leather jacket and expensive Italian boots. The moving business must be good! Since we got back from Jordan, I've been throwing things away, giving things away, and mentally preparing for the move. It's not scheduled until April 28th, so there's a lot of time to
stress think and
obsess plan.

The whole thing brought me to tears yesterday, so to avoid the same circumstance today, I hit the local bakery for some kuchen (no, I did not eat both pieces). The lady was über rude, as usual, criticizing my pronunciation of streusel (streuuuuuselll).
Encounters like this make me happy to be outta here in a month.
Just think all the stuff people collect and never get rid of, at least you get to get rid of all that. Sometimes I wish we could move just to get rid of a lot of "stuff" we really don't need. Pretty soon this will all be a memory and life will be back to normal. As for the hottie the movers sent- did you get pictures? :-D
ReplyDeletePlease don't stress! Just enjoy your last few weeks there and we will welcome you with open arms when you get back to the States!
ReplyDelete