Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nothing but fun

Spring break is off to a rainy start, but today we got some unexpected dry weather for the neighbor girl's red, white, and black ladybug birthday party and an afternoon trip to spring Dippemess. At first, Gianna said she would only do the pony rides with Bố. But once we were there, she changed her mind and boldly chose her steed.











The girl behind her on the smaller pony was about two years older than Gianna and needed her Dad to come to her aid halfway through the ride. Hey, I know what that's like, but it makes for a funny picture (R, click to enlarge).
After the ponies, Gianna did several rounds on the car carousel, followed by an ice cream cone (as if we needed any more sugar intake for today) while we watched the older kids on the bumper cars. Overall, this was one of those priceless days that makes me very grateful to be a stay at home mom.

2 comments:

  1. I love those days that make staying home worth it! It's not all sunshine and rainbows but every once in a while you get those moments of thinking everything is right in the world. G looks so cute in red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, she is adorable :) I love how you captured the sheer terror on the girls face behind Gianna! Just a month till I get to see you!!!

    Georgie

    ReplyDelete