Sunday, June 14, 2009

Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi, the body of Christ, a city in Texas, and a public holiday in Germany. It was last Thursday. Dan had off from work, Gianna had off from school, stores were closed, and so we went to the zoo. I didn't take so many pics because we had been there before and how many zoo pics do you really need? And yeah, it's mid-June and we are wearing jackets. But today I'm blogging in shorts and a tank-top, go figure.











More random pics of G Mai in everyday Frankfurt life.













This third photo merits some explaination. She likes me to take photos of her eating, and I am happy to oblige. This particular ice cream is called "Afrikan Safari". Why? Because it features dark chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate fudge and dark chocolate candies. Although a large part of cocoa production is in Africa, that name wouldn't fly in the US. But just like the Germans at Dan's work that wanted to give a computer application the acronym "TRAMP" (because they thought it meant "hobo"), the Germans at the ice cream company that came up with this name probably thought they were being quite clever. Germans are many things, but clever isn't one of them.



And now as we leave for another day at Gruneburg park, I leave you with this conversation from yesterday as we gawked at mostly naked Germans laying out on the lawn like it was Belmar beach.

Barb: Germans are really white people.
Dan: They're trying to do something about that.

1 comment:

  1. Aw I love seeing your pics!!!! She is adorable :)

    Hahaha yes that name probably wouldn't get past the drawing board here in the United States of Watchyourmouth.

    I'll never know how my parents lets us (as children) name our pure white dog "Whitey"....because that's just a great name to be screaming off the front porch when you can't find your dog.

    (pssssst check out the new under-construction site askgeorgie.com)

    ReplyDelete