Monday, July 6, 2009

32

How did this happen? I am 32 years old! Yeesh. Sadly, I still don't have my appetite back to full strength from my weekend illness, so I didn't indulge like my normal birthday self. We had dinner at a carousel sushi restaurant, fun! All the food spinning round and round made me dizzy by the end. Then we celebrated with ice cream cake (homemade) at home.

The candles put this cake's size into perspective. Our freezer is the size of a shoebox, so we have to plan accordingly.

Just made my wish, blew out the candles, now time to cut the cake!

Made this cake myself. It's light bourbon vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries in the middle. The bottom layer is lady fingers soaked in a wild berry sauce. Yum!

Dan and Gianna got me this beautiful dragonfly pendant, a symbol of Vietnam, with three diamonds, representing Bố, Mẹ and Gianna.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! The cake looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful birthday gift!!!

    ReplyDelete