These little guys were photographed by a fellow blogger at the consulate. At first I wondered, did someone set their pet hedgehogs free or are hedgehogs endemic to Germany? Well today at the park, I spotted a hedgehog with my own eyes. He was scurrying through the grass like a small groundhog. We caught up with him, running parallel as he made a quick break for the woods. I could see his spines and snout nose; it was definitely a hedgehog. Very cool. I have never seen one on the wild before. Frankfurt also has red squirrels. They are very quick compared to the gray squirrel back in the US and much more elusive, hence the lack of photos. Nothing too exciting going on here in Frankfurt this weekend. We hit an Italian festival yesterday that was highly disappointing. Not a cannoli in sight! The pizza was good, I must admit. Today we took a walk along the Main so Gianna could see the boats and Bruno could harass the geese.
That's so cool!!! I was equally impressed, I've only seen them in pet stores. V said he sees them all the time in Romania. They are cute little buggers!
ReplyDelete:)
The wild hedgehogs are bigger than the domestic "pigmy" hedgehogs people have as pets. These guys definitely won't fit in the palm of your hand!
ReplyDelete